Sunday, December 18, 2011

Anita Massic talks about "Dream: If not for Katie..."


Q: How did you get started as a writer?

Anita:
One day, I picked up my laptop and just started writing. I love history and my favorite time period is the 1850s. What better adventure to write about! It is amazing how the words easily flowed through my mind and out of my fingers. I was surprised and excited and the more I wrote the more passion I felt for writing.

Q: Who is Katie?

Anita: Katie is a young woman who endures many hardships on her journey across America during the gold rush. During her pre-teen years at home on her family farm, she is young and innocent, protected from
the harsh reality of the world, but as she matures she is witness to the brutality of the times.

Q: What was the most satisfying aspect of writing Dream?

Anita: I love creating characters and watching them grow and mature in my mind. There are endless possibilities. It is amazing what can happen in your mind if you close your eyes and unleash your imagination.

Q: What did you want to say with the writing of this book?

Anita:
As I look back, I think "Dream: If not for Katie..." is an outlet for the frustrations in my present life. It makes me happy to know that even though life can seem to be a never ending struggle, there is always
hope for the future.

Q: Do you have a favorite author?

Anita: Yes, John Grisham. His genre is totally different than mine, but all of his stories are exciting and extremely well written.

1 comment: